Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Introduction

I am Carole, better known here as Caboose for the reason that I am the last to finish a book. Actually, most of the time I like being last; I do voice my opinions and hope I never offend anyone, and always open for discussion on my ideas. I am 64 years old, had a heart attack 20 years ago followed by a coma for 16 days, bilateral amputee below the knees. I returned to school after the coma to learn how to read, write and do simple math. Please do not feel sorry for me because I do not feel sorry for myself. Three children all grown, a dog and cat and have lived with the same man for 40 plus years. Came to Illinois fourteen years ago from Pasadena, California where I was born. I do have a few bad days now and then, but most of the time I stay busy with household chores, friends and family.