Monday, March 24, 2008

Ellen said...

My favorite fortune cookie was the one my husband got the first time we ate together at a Chinese restaurant. "Happiness is right beside you". I kid you not. I can still remember the look on his face.

Another favorite was one that an old boyfriend got: "The road to hell was paved with good intentions." I remember the look on his face too. Nowadays, I suppose the fortune cookie company would get sued for pain and suffering caused.

Anyway, I'd love to discuss A New Earth. I've been rereading the first and second chapters today--and like The Omnivore's Dilemma for you, I've made lots of notes already. Hopefully, I'll post my thoughts this evening. Here?

(Comments and post moved here from Bonnie's Books by Ellen)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Toby and I have been eating Chinese food over at Essencia Island, in case any of you want to drop by and share with us. Ellen, was there any Chinese food left when you were there? And did you get a fortune cookie?

http://essenciaisland.blogspot.com/2008/03/toby.html

If anyone wants to discuss A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle with Toby and Ellen and me, I can set up a "room" for us to post our thoughts about it. Any takers?

http://essenciaisland.blogspot.com/

I'm on my way back to Essencia Island right now to order in more Chinese food. What's your favorite? Should we start this month's party a bit early?
3/23/08 5:07 PM

Ellen D. said...

Shoot! I thought I posted this on Essencia Island...can I move it?
3/23/08 6:58 PM

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Yes, you can "move" it by copying it and pasting it on the other blog. Then by going into posts (by clicking on NEW POSTS at the top of the Book Buddies blog), you can delete this whole thing, including our comments. You can do that because you are the "owner" of your own posts. Because I'm the blog owner, I can delete your posts too, if you have any trouble doing it.
3/23/08 9:28 PM

Toby said...

I love A New Earth Book, & here, I wasn't going to buy it. I have so many wow or light bulb moments. I think I am on Chapter 6. I'm also taking notes from the transcripts. I'm a taker!! There was 1 question that I wished I had asked during Ch. 2, but feel funny asking it now, so maybe someone can post what they think as opposed to my ideas.
3/24/08 12:35 AM