Thursday, January 31, 2008

Howdy!

I am not usually much of a party girl--more of a wallflower, I reckon. However, I was so pleased to see Margreet's post and photo (great to be able to now associate a face with her posts) as well as the smile knowing that ML cared enough to check in to learn how Hollis is doing.

I have been a Book Buddy for several years, but can't remember when I began. The posts have not only suggested some thoroughly enjoyed books that I would otherwise have missed, but have enriched the books we've read together.

I am 59 years old and a long-time married mother of three (still trying to deal with the unexpected death in August 2007 of our oldest son at age 29 of cardiomyopathy) adult children (our living children are a daughter age 28 and a son age 25). I work as an auditor for the state of Kansas. My hobbies are reading, working on various projects such as an annual family cookbook and calendar, sewing, and quilting.

Shirley