Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peeking In

Hi Bonnie and all,

Just peeking in my head to say thanks so much for reading Camel, and to comment that I LOVE these camel pictures. I think I've always had this thing about camels. I remember, many years ago, visiting the camel market in Cairo and really falling in love with the beasts.

Good news about the REAL camel library -- they've begun to raise money for a project I love, which is getting local people to collect and write the traditional stories, which will then be inexpensively published so that new readers can read about their own culture and past. I think it is a great way to incorporate the old and the new, and that Fiona -- especially as she grew by the end of the story -- would have appreciated it.

Okay, get back to your snacks! Best, and thanks, Masha